American Schools of Angola was created out of the need for an American style, innovative, and technology driven education in Angola. More importantly, ASA arose out of the sincere desire to prepare middle school and high school students for global citizenship and future leadership roles.
We welcome you to learn more about this life changing and revolutionary student opportunity.
When: On September 5, 2017 ASA officially opened its doors.
Students may enroll for the August/September start dates. All other requests for irregular enrollment dates will be considered on an individual basis.
What: An Angolan Ministry of Education licensed school.
- An accredited educational institution offering a US high tech driven education, grades 6 – 12.
- A US high school diploma is earned upon meeting graduation requirements.
- ASA to include grades K – 5 in August/September 2019.
- ASA offers boarding for high school students (grade 9 -12) at the Luanda and Catumbela school sites starting in August/September 2019.
The school philosophy is student centered.
- Students should be given opportunities to practice real life skills in a supportive nurturing environment.
- Students should be offered thinking opportunities to connect learning to their own experiences to develop real world connections.
- Students must be tech savvy to thrive in our 21st century global society
Where: School site locations in Luanda and Catumbela.
Why: The mission of the American Schools of Angola is to develop and nurture proud well-adjusted lifelong learners; who are prepared to meet their challenges and responsibilities and become successful culturally sensitive global citizens and leaders in the 21st century, striving for a better world for all.
Essential Skills from Most Likely to Succeed on Vimeo.